Monday, March 30, 2020

Tuesday, March 31st - Day 2 Online school


Checking in...
Hopefully yesterday went fairly smoothly for you. I know there were some glitches at my end, but anytime we all have to rely on technology, I assume that will be the case. However, I do appreciate the messages early on that let me know some things weren't working for you as it enabled me to troubleshoot. Also, after reading over the surveys, I want to address some of your concerns:

*Lots of you are worried about due dates and getting things in on time. I hear you, so rest assured that I will be flexible on this. By the end of this week, I am hoping we all get comfortable with turning things in online, and if you need the weekend, that is fine too.

*There are concerns about technology, work, and family welfare....these are all items that I think about as well, so let's all just try to do the best we can and strike a balance between thinking, learning, and adapting to this new situation with some patience and grace. We will still be reading the book and responding to ideas from it, but "school" is not going to be the exact same as it was.


What are you doing today for class?
So in the reading yesterday (Ch. 10-11), Holden left his isolated room (which I'm sure we all wish we could do) and tried to have some fun...mostly in the form of dancing and conversation.

The jitterbug dancing that he references looks something like this...
As a result of his interactions with people, there were several humorous things that he said and did in Ch. 10-11, so today here is your assignment:

1. Follow this link to GoSoapbox (also linked in the sidebar)  and enter the code 662-060-069 to be able to record your response to the discussion question I have for you over the reading. (It works like Kahoot, so all you need is the code number).  You will type a 4-5 sentence response to the question you see there.

2. Read Ch. 12-13 in your Catcher books (p. 81-98).

                           
Stay safe and be well!
Mrs. C



No comments:

Post a Comment